Public Notices

Recreational Fires............Do You Need A Permit?

The following information is abbreviated; for the full Forest Fire Service Circular pertaining to Recreational Fire Permits please click here.

Regular Permits:  are issued in a residential setting for recreational fires that do not exceed an area of 2.5 feet x 2.5 feet x 2 feet in height.  These permits may be issued for period up to 30 days.

To obtain a permit please contact the Fire Warden at #609-625-1121.  A copy of the permit which shows the required information is attached here.  The Fire Warden will make an inspection of the location where a recreational fire/opening burning is being considered.

General Guidelines: 

  • Recreational permits must be issued free of charge and with all reasonable consideration for the convenience of the applicant.
  • Recreational fires -non-resident; requires a permit
  • Fire will be located within a forested area; requires a permit.
  • Recreational fires (opening burning) shall not be conducted within 25 feet of a structure or combustible material if within measurements above. Open burning larger than above requires a permit and must be at least 50 feet from any structure or combustible material.
  • Barbeque Grills (including propane), Charcoal Burners & Outdoor Fireplaces shall not be operated or stored on combustible balconies or decks or within 5 feet of combustible construction
  • When weather and ground conditions are such as to make burning dangerous, Fire Wardens may refuse the issuance of permits for and during such periods.

For information on Event Permits and Seasonal Permits please refer to the Forest Fire Service Circular above.

If you are uncertain whether your recreational fire or opening burning requires a permit please contact the Fire Warden at  #609-625-1121.

Atlantic City Electric Offers Energy Assistance for Customers

Do you need assistance with heating or cooling your home? Contact Atlantic City Electric’s Customer Care Center at 1-800-642-3780 or Veronica Town, External Affairs at 609-463-3805 for more information

New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Clean Energy Program

Receive tax-free money to make energy related improvements for New Jersey residents, businesses & government.

Watch a 1 minute video regarding 'Clean Energy' incentive programs for NJ residents, businesses and municipalities.  Click here to access the video.

NJBPU Clean Energy Program Flyer

NJ Self-Help Clearinghouse

This is a service of the Mental Health Association in NJ, which is funded by the NJ Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services. Support for a variety of issues including mental health, addiction, grief/loss, medical issues, disability and many more can be accessed by visiting the New Jersey Self-Help Group Clearinghouse website or calling 800-367-6274.


Emergency Information Local Radio Stations

  • WVLT 92.1 FM
  • WSNJ 1240 AM
  • WMVB 1440 AM

New Swimming Pool Requirements

Inflatable, temporary rubber pools which are capable of holding 24 inches of water, now require permits per NJAC 5:23-3.14. Permits can be obtained in the Construction Office at the Municipal Hall, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Leave a Comment or Sign Up for Emails

Residents wanting to leave a comment and/or sign up for Maurice River Township email's should fill out and submit this form.

Register Your Cell Phone for Reverse 911 Notifications

If you depend on your cell phone rather than a landline to receive critical emergency information, you may register your cell phone and/or your landline to receive notifications issued by the Cumberland County Communications Center. This may be done online at SWIFT 911.